When it comes to buying clothes, cars or household items, we’re influenced hugely by colour. That’s why manufacturers are increasingly using colour to differentiate their goods – and why they’re finally getting serious about the science of colour!
- As a passionate scientist, the founder of Expertas, Dr Trevor Sayer, has a deep understanding of the physics of colour. It’s essential in the measurement and quality control of pigments and coatings.
- Dr Sayer also recognises how statistical colour tolerancing can be used to define test capabilities and speed up the quality approval of high performance products.
- An understanding of the colloid science of pigment dispersion enables Expertas to solve practical formulation and costly dispersion stability issues which affect performance.
- Expertas has vast experience of scaling-up laboratory experiments to the pilot stage and then on to commercial manufacturing using leaner modelling.
- An understanding of the practical development of high performance pigment dispersion technology enables Expertas to generate novel nanoscale colours.